Buttermilk Banana Blueberry Bread
If you’ve been following me for a while now, then you’ll know that I hate using a loaf pan. I’ve had several epic fails, including this one among MANY others. But before I swore off all loaf pan recipes, I realized that I could just make mini loaves and not have the whole burning-sides-overcooked-insides situation happening on a consistent basis.
So that’s exactly what I did here - I took an amazing banana bread recipe, added some fresh blueberries and threw them in 4 mini loaf pans. Pretty genius, right?
Okay, maybe it’s not so genius but I’m just glad to be making quick breads again. Plus, miniature ones are so much cuter and appetizing. And best of all, they make the perfect gifts for neighbors, friends and family. Just throw on some cute ribbon and you’re good to go.
So here’s how you make this:
Let’s first start with the dry ingredients.
Then we’ll cream the butter and sugars together until they get nice and fluffy.
Here we’ll add the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
Next we’ll throw in the super ripe bananas.
Then comes the flour mixture we made earlier.
And then we’ll stir in the blueberries by hand, being careful not to pop them.
Be sure to divide the batter evenly into the 4 loaf pans. I have major OCD so I weighed them and made sure each loaf pan weighed 272 grams.
I threw in some blueberries on top for some aesthetic appeal.
Pop it in the oven and in 30 minutes, you should have 4 very gorgeous banana bread loaves with blueberries sticking out all over the place.
Wrap and give as gifts or take a loaf for yourself!
Buttermilk Banana Bread (adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod):
Yields 4 mini loaves
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat four 5 3/4-inch mini loaf pans with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until well combined.
Beat in bananas until well combined.
Gradually add flour mixture to the sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
Add the blueberries and gently toss to combine.
Scoop the batter evenly into the loaf pans.
Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a wire rack.
- zombieswithcheese likes this
- yourloveisasymphony1415 likes this
- rtannn likes this
- sinnamint reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- sinnamint likes this
- freedom--awaits likes this
- leptitprince likes this
- shortoninspiration reblogged this from damndelicious
- amorange likes this
- tambotee reblogged this from damndelicious
- xbombinabirdcage likes this
- bloggyspaceprincess likes this
- iheartnow likes this
- mackensiemadeafoodblog reblogged this from gastrogirl
- candiedcoquine likes this
- terminallycooking reblogged this from damndelicious
- borrowingwords likes this
- josellyne likes this
- gyomuyou-syokuhin likes this
- rsapberries reblogged this from damndelicious
- supernikoe likes this
- farfromnormal11 likes this
- subjectivityofobjectivity reblogged this from gastrogirl
- geraldweeb likes this
- arkipelagirl likes this
- myfurburgergetsaround likes this
- nerdbanger likes this
- deborahliz likes this
- oledawg likes this
- tortuousroutes likes this
- helllllokitty reblogged this from gastrogirl
- kittens-on-moons reblogged this from gastrogirl
- junee likes this
- garbeta likes this
- bluegrassbohemian reblogged this from gastrogirl
- theshanblog reblogged this from gastrogirl
- dollarinadream likes this
- briee likes this
- il0vemakingnaomisandwiches reblogged this from gastrogirl
- babapixie likes this
- oleaje-salvaje likes this
- sensualneeds reblogged this from damndelicious
- nikathemadbaker likes this
- sparklechick56 reblogged this from gastrogirl
- everykindofcheese likes this
- everykindofcheese reblogged this from gastrogirl
- wishinoo likes this
- sammham likes this
- brysia likes this
- deidreelliott likes this