Spicy Chipotle Pesto Pasta
I had the day off from work yesterday so I spent the day batch-cooking for the rest of the week. It’s been a really long time since I had a weekday off and I forgot how nice it is to just stay at home and catch up on some daytime television. I think I watched about 4-5 episodes of Scrubs back to back. Plus, the laundry room was completely empty so I definitely took advantage of that too.
Now included in this batch-cooking day is this amazing chipotle pesto pasta, filled with corn, beans, tomatoes and avocado. I’ve made this once before for Jason and he absolutely loved it. He just kept moaning with every single bite - so much that I thought he was lying about how good it really was!
Not only is this dish incredibly scrumptious but it is so easy to make! Everything gets dumped into the food processor for the pesto and after boiling up some water for the pasta, you can just toss everything together. Plus, I substituted the mayo with Greek yogurt for a more healthier take on this dish.
I really love the simplicity and easiness of this dish, which makes it perfect for a weeknight meal, and the spiciness is definitely the best part about this dish!
So here’s how you make this:
Let’s first start with the pesto by combining some chipotle peppers, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic.
Once all of that is combined, go ahead and stream in the olive oil. Then we’ll add the Greek yogurt until it gets nice and creamy.
Once the pesto is taken care of, let’s toss some cooked farfalle pasta with the pesto, corn, beans and tomatoes.
After everything is combined, we can serve it immediately as a hot dish or as a cold pasta salad - either way is good. You can also serve it with some fresh avocado and chopped cilantro along with some crusty French bread.
I could seriously eat this every day for the rest of my life.
One year ago: Broccolini with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Chipotle Pesto Pasta (adapted from Mother Thyme):
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- 5-6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
To make the pesto, combine chipotle peppers, Parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream and Greek yogurt until emulsified; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, pesto, corn, black beans and tomatoes.
Serve immediately with avocado and cilantro, if desired.
*Note: To minimize spiciness, remove seeds from chipotle peppers before placing in food processor.
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- sexdrugsandalcoholl likes this
- keep-mehighh likes this
- fonika likes this
- timeless13 likes this
- sparks-fly-whenever-y0u-smile reblogged this from damndelicious
- benben2010 likes this
- necron0micon likes this
- pure-contemplation likes this
- ronenesh reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- farefortheextraordinaire reblogged this from damndelicious
- sea-haze likes this
- workforfitness reblogged this from damndelicious
- dreame40 likes this
- artofsymmetry likes this
- amiracle4us likes this
- innappropriatebehaviour likes this
- nerdieg likes this
- kenzie-elizabeth likes this
- mojococoloco likes this
- starlightwhirl likes this
- thepreppyhippielife reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- djthumbelina likes this
- swweettoothh reblogged this from damndelicious
- tayrex20 reblogged this from damndelicious
- allisonsasso likes this
- johnmariscos likes this
- bigbillyblue likes this
- nicepasta reblogged this from damndelicious
- jeanfivintage likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- chefsayaka likes this
- vibetoftum reblogged this from damndelicious
- paralyzednightmares likes this
- amykdala likes this
- christina622 reblogged this from damndelicious
- justmejam reblogged this from damndelicious
- chilion likes this
- hungryjacs likes this
- alittlelost likes this
- dhastak reblogged this from damndelicious
- struckbyskyrai likes this
- thequeenofhalloween likes this
- leftoverrecipetips reblogged this from damndelicious
- viii-xxxi-xii-forever likes this
- cappnnono likes this
- damndelicious posted this