Coffee Cake with Crumble Topping and Brown Sugar Glaze #SundaySupper
Wow, New Year’s Eve is tomorrow. Tomorrow, guys.
Do you all have fun plans? Jason and I are spending it with family and we plan to make lobster for the very first time. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to withstand the whining though - that’s why Jason will have to take care of the cooking that night.
Either way, I can’t wait to devour that fresh, buttery lobster meat.
And this coffee cake of course.
This coffee cake is from Emeril Lagasse, which is part of this week’s #SundaySupper installment of our kicked-up New Year’s potluck featuring his recipes.
I figured this would be the perfect New Year’s Eve food - mainly because you can start off the new year right, devouring the leftovers with your morning cup of coffee.
Oh and those giant crumbs you see there? Yeah, those are a must. I could just eat these starting with the crumbs first.
How else would you eat it?
Don’t forget to to check out what everyone else is bringing to the table this week!
Sunday Supper NYE Potluck Drinks:
- Champagne Punch by girlichef
- Champagne Punch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Champagne Punch by Midlife Roadtrip
- Champagne Punch by Family Foodie
- Chi Chi Cocktails by The Messy Baker Blog
Sunday Supper NYE Potluck Starters:
- Spiced Nuts by The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Spiced Nuts by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Prosciutto Breadsticks & Spiced Nuts by Galactosemia in PDX
- Spiced Nuts by Home Cooking Memories
- Spiced Nuts by Mama.Mommy.Mom
Sunday Supper NYE Potluck Dishes and Sandwiches:
- Sopressata and Genoa Salami Calzones by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravy by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Supper for a Steal
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Columbia Street Grinder by The Foodie Army Wife
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravy by The Meltaways
- Emeril’s Columbia Street Grinder Kicked Up a Notch New Orleans Style by The Catholic Foodie
- Columbia Street Grinder by The Weekend Gourmet
- Three-Cheese Veggie Sandwich by Diabetic Foodie
- Eggplant Muffuletta by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Columbia Street Grinder by She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
- Three Cheese Veggie Sandwich by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Columbia Street Grinder by Momma’s Meals
- Paul’s Make the Whole Crew Happy Sausage Meatballs with Red Gravy by Craving’s of a Lunatic
- A Vegetarian Take on Emeril’s Kicked Up Sandwiches Tonkatsu Sandwich by Ninja Baking
- New Orleans Style Garlic BBQ Shrimp by Comfy Cuisine
Sunday Supper NYE Desserts:
- New Orleans-Style Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce by Magnolia Days
- New Orleans-Style Bread Pudding with 2 Sauces by Juanita’s Cocina
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
One year ago: Jalapeño Cornbread
Yields 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
For the crumb topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the brown sugar glaze:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
To make the crumb topping, combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in melted butter. Add flour and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Spread out mixture on parchment paper to dry until ready to use.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in vanilla until well combined.
With the mixer on low speed, add Greek yogurt and dry ingredients alternately in 3 parts, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
Scoop the batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved topping, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
To make the glaze, combine brown sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons water. Whisk until smooth.
When the cake is done, cool for 10 minutes and drizzle the glaze evenly over the top.
- cuddlyklaine likes this
- itswaypastmyadventuretime likes this
- dreaming-my-future likes this
- blackbearcub likes this
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- ch3l-c reblogged this from damndelicious
- ch3l-c likes this
- astronomicalmelodies likes this
- kenasjos likes this
- agnesklee likes this
- kingui likes this
- alittlelightofmine likes this
- sapphicsnorlax likes this
- queerquilava reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- jessyvette likes this
- thisaintapizzashit reblogged this from damndelicious
- loveforuganda reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- miintymee likes this
- bohemiangirlbaker reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- bohemiangirlbaker likes this
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- cuducko reblogged this from damndelicious
- ladeeedahhh likes this
- yummybites likes this
- leannejennele likes this
- mojococoloco likes this
- worthasmile reblogged this from damndelicious
- kimmychompsonlife likes this
- acomicbookgirl likes this
- brokentwenties reblogged this from poppopchipinmytop
- sleeplessnights-writtenwords likes this
- poppopchipinmytop reblogged this from damndelicious
- showmethebedroomfloor likes this
- thefloatinglotus likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- fussl200 likes this
- wibblywobblyjade likes this
- hellolyza likes this
- alwaysroomforsecondbreakfast likes this
- fluffsandstuffs likes this
- deborahliz likes this
- nrrrdlady likes this
- preppymermaid likes this
- bluexwings likes this
- sapphicsnorlax reblogged this from damndelicious
- kissingspectres likes this
- bigbearali reblogged this from damndelicious
- samzhangg reblogged this from damndelicious