Mexican Corn Dip
The traditional Mexican street corn is turned into the best dip ever. It’s so good, you won’t even need the chips. Just grab a spoon and eat!
Mexican street corn. Have you tried it? I was always skeptical about it myself – I mean, mayonnaise on corn? But boy, was I wrong. I recently tried it at my local farmer’s market and I was in heaven. I loved it so much that I think I ate about 3 of these, ditching the rest of the vendors there!
But as I devoured all three of them, my face was a mess and there were tons of corn kernels stuck everywhere in my teeth. It was so bad, I even thought to myself that I would never have Mexican street corn again. But I just couldn’t bear that thought so here we have it in an epic dip form. And yes, there should be no corn kernels getting stuck here.
Best of all, this takes just minutes to whip up. And the toppings here are just out of this world – mayo, lime juice, chili powder, and cotija (or feta) cheese. It’s amazingly creamy with a hint of tanginess and a bit of spice. And as I always say – just ditch the chips and grab a spoon here. You won’t be needing the chips at all.
Mexican Corn Dip
The traditional Mexican street corn is turned into the best dip ever. It’s so good, you won’t even need the chips. Just grab a spoon!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add corn kernels and jalapeño, and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in mayonnaise, cotija, cilantro, chili powder, garlic and lime juice.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.