Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Come home to the best homemade chili! It’s an amazingly hearty, cozy beef chili that cooks low and slow for 8 hrs in the crockpot!
Is it too late in the year to still be whipping up crockpot recipes?
I mean, I did just mention it was going to be 63 degrees F this weekend, but it’s also raining today. Oh and I think I see a forecast of snow sometime next week…
But that’s another story.
Anyway, Butters is currently in his adorable ruffled yellow rain coat while I’m letting this chili cook low and slow, filling up the house with the best kind of aroma: beef chili.
All you need to do is crumble up your ground beef and then dump the rest of your ingredients in your slow cooker.
And if you have a saute function in your crockpot, you have yourself a true one pot wonder.
But as I’m waiting for this to finish cooking through, I’ve also gone through an entire bag of corn chips. You know, the corn chips that were meant to be used for a garnish here.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 poblano chili, minced
- 2 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 16-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn chips
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Add garlic, onion and chili. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Place ground beef mixture into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef stock, kidney beans, black beans, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 5-6 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sour cream, green onions and corn chips, if desired.