This comforting chili is so easy to whip up with just 5 ingredients – perfect for a chilly evening!
Greetings from Seattle! I’ve had such a wonderful time here in this beautiful city, soaking up so much culture, meeting great people and spending time with great friends. But before I attempt to catch a few hours of shut-eye to catch my early morning flight back to San Francisco, I just had to share this epic chili.
It takes just five ingredients and it comes together in fifteen minutes. Really, all you need is chicken broth, chicken, beans, salsa verde and cumin. That’s it! From there, you can add some fun toppings like fresh avocado and sour cream but either way, you’ll be so cozy with a piping hot, steaming bowl of this chili. You’ll also be able to feed an army with this so you’ll be well fed for a couple of nights!
This comforting chili is so easy to whip up with just 5 ingredients - perfect for a chilly evening!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Crumbled tortilla chips
- Diced avocado
- Shredded Monterey Jack
- Sour cream
- Add chicken broth, shredded chicken, beans, salsa verde and cumin to a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven