This Mexican-inspired pasta dish can be made in one skillet in 30 minutes or less – perfect for a busy weeknight!
Oh, Monday. Monday has decided to rear it’s ugly head yet again but I’m hoping I can make it a little better with this glorious pasta I have for you today. And it’s not just any kind of pasta. It’s a one-pot-skillet-kind-of-pasta, loaded with cheesy goodness, freshly made salsa, corn, beans, tomato, avocado and ground turkey. And it comes together in less than 30 minutes, perfect for those busy weeknights!
Here’s how it comes together:
We’ll start off with some ground turkey, but feel free to use ground beef or ground chicken depending on your preference.
Then we’ll stir in some tomato sauce and fresh made salsa.
Once that heats through, go ahead and toss in some corn, beans and tomatoes. You can add in your favorite veggies too – it’s completely customizable!
Let that come together and give it a good stir.
Next comes the good stuff – cheese, cheese and some more cheese. I added Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar but I would love to try this again with jalapeno Monterey Jack next time!
That’s it! How easy was that?
This came together so beautifully in my new Elite Nonstick 3-Qt. Covered Saute Pan, Calphalon Williams-Sonoma newest line of premium cookware that just launched online on September 12th. This new line has been engineered to have lasting durability to withstand the rigors of metal whisk, spoon and spatula use, leaving you to cook with all of your favorite utensils without ruining your nonstick cookware! Not to mention it’s oven safe to 500°F and dishwasher safe, leaving you with such an easy clean up. This saute pan is incredibly versatile and it has become my most used kitchen equipment, and I can make anything from my favorite fried rice dish to mac and cheese!
And you know I can’t keep raving about this amazing Elite Nonstick line without offering a chance to win one for yourself! So be sure to enter the rafflecopter to win the new 10″ Elite Nonstick Fry Pan ($150.00 MSRP). Good luck!
Giveaway ends on Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
The Elite Nonstick is sold as an 11-pc. set ($699.95 MSRP), as well as individually. You can shop around Williams-Sonoma.com for your favorite piece, or you can visit Williams-Sonoma stores starting September 27th.
This Mexican-inspired pasta dish can be made in one skillet in 30 minutes or less - perfect for a busy weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups elbows pasta
- 2 cups salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in pasta, salsa, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, corn and black beans, and gently toss to combine. Stir in cheese until melted through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with avocado and cilantro.
Adapted from Julie's Eats & Treats