Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These simple wraps comes together in less than 30 min, and it’s incredibly hearty, healthy and filling!
Before I became a stay-at-home blogger, Jason and I ate out almost every single day of the week. It was so much easier than cooking at home and then having to do the dishes thereafter. But after awhile, it became increasingly expensive and I quickly began to see some weight gain. So that’s how this blog actually came about – as a way to save money and to create a more healthier lifestyle for my family.
So I’ve teamed up with Cook Smarts for the month of September in their Meal Planning Awareness campaign. As money and resources are being wasted, along with the rise in obesity in the U.S., we want to teach home cooks how to easily plan delicious and healthy meals for the week in about 30 minutes, which is less time than it takes to eat just one meal out! Meal planning can seem a bit daunting but with the right tools and knowledge, you’ll have everything you need to succeed in the kitchen to live a healthy, happy lifestyle.
So I hope you’ll join me in my pledge to prepare 4 or more home cooked meals over eating out for 1 month, starting with these super easy turkey lettuce wraps.
If you’re like me, you’ll eat this by the spoonful!
These simple wraps comes together in less than 30 min, and it's incredibly hearty, healthy and filling!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat and set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion to the saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger and ground turkey until well combined. Add rice and green onions and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.
Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking