Candy Corn Cupcakes

These simple vanilla cupcakes can easily be dressed up to resemble the layers of candy corn goodness, perfect for Halloween!

Candy Corn Cupcakes - These simple vanilla cupcakes can easily be dressed up to resemble the layers of candy corn goodness!

Ever since I started to blog full-time, I feel like I’ve gone a bit crazy. I’m at 2-3 grocery stores on a daily basis to find that perfect, ripe avocado, and now I’ve gotten into the habit of personally holding the avocados in my hand instead of throwing them into the shopping cart. You know I can’t have it bruised for the photos. And if I can’t find a certain ingredient, I’ll take extreme measures, like using the tortilla strips from a salad kit for my chicken tortilla soup.

But I might have done the craziest thing ever with these cupcakes here. See, I couldn’t find orange and yellow sprinkles so I took my stash of colored sprinkles and a tweezer to individually pick out the orange and yellow ones. But that’s not the end. I then strategically put each of these individual sprinkles on the frosting here. I figured, if I was crazy enough to pick each of them out, I might as well go all the way, right?

But aside from my neuroticness, let me tell you how fun these cupcakes are. It’s a simple vanilla based cupcake because well, I actually don’t really like candy corn, but with a little bit of food coloring, you could have a cute, orange and yellow layered cupcake so perfect for Halloween! Best of all, even non-candy corn lovers will go crazy over these!

You can get the full recipe here over at Imperial Sugar!

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Imperial Sugar. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

1. says

Omg….I was thinking, before I even read the post, did she hand place those non-pareils on? And not only are sprinkles so hard to work with, but at least the flat ones arent as squirmy. The little balls that you tweezed on…girl, my hat is off to you! From the cupcakes themselves, the piping work, the sprinkles, the candy corn…stunning. Pinned!!!

• Chung-Ah says

Dude, the fact that you noticed that I hand placed those nonpareils – this is why we’re friends! :) No, but seriously, this was a tough shoot. It was so exhausting! Never again am I doing the tweezer action!

As always, thank you for the pin!

2. says

Lady, I just bought a pack of candy corn. For the very first time ever! I was gonna save them for some special time because I’ve read tons about these classic all-American candy and finally saw them sold at a store recently. Some American grocery products fair thing. I was sondering how you got your sprinkles on so evenly. Figures. Things bakers/bloggers/awesome people do for pretty pictures. ;-)

3. says

These are so much fun! And I totally get you on the OCD-ness. When I first looked the pictures (before reading), my initial reaction was “those sprinkles are PERFECT!”–so it was totally worth it ;) I get a little neurotic when it comes to food too.

Definitely pinning these.

4. says

I’m truly amazed at your patience and dexterity! I don’t think me and my tweezers could’ve done as nice a job! These are gorgeous and are right, very fun!

5. says

Your mad dedication has paid off! These cupcakes are Halloween picture perfect. Also, I have gone to 2-3 grocery stores in one day, just because I was party planning and couldn’t get myself (or my shopping list) together. You’re not alone :)

6. denise says

These are simply gorgeous ! This may be a dumb question, but I would like to know the size of tip that you used to do the frosting. I have seen similar desserts but never know the tip sizes or how they are used. Perhaps a tutorial sometime ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Denise

7. says

Chung-Ah,
    I love it! Totally understand and you are not alone with the neurotic-ness. . I was wondering how these cupcakes looked so perfectly decorated. :) They are so PERECT and pretty! I love that you used tweezers. . it was so worth it. These are just beautiful! :)

8. says

I saw your first gorgeous cupcake photo and thought ‘how did she get the sprinkles so perfect – I bet she put them on’. I started reading and indeed you did – it totally paid off these look amazing! I totally get the grocery shopping thing – sometimes it’s everyday and they never have what you’re after :)

9. says

So cute. I am a huge candy corn lover so these have my name written all over them. My friends will bring me big bags of candy corn when they want to get in good with me :) I totally understand your blogging dilemmas, know one really knows what we go through :)

10. says

Cracking up about the handheld avocado. I mean, I’ve been known to drive to another store because whatever fruit/vegetable I needed at the first one wasn’t pretty enough… But I’m sure I’ll be approaching those levels of extreme!

These are gorgeous cupcakes–I’d say it was worth the time spent!