You won’t believe how easy this is to make, and it’s the perfect budget-friendly gift for family and friends!
Candied nuts is one of the best things to snack on. They’re considered brain food, they’re heart healthy and they keep the bad cholesterol away. And when you roast them in cinnamon sugar goodness, they are completely i-r-r-e-s-i-s-t-i-b-l-e.
Not only are these nuts chockfull of healthy benefits but it’s also so unbelievably easy to make! It involves just a 10-minute prep of tossing these babies in cinnamon sugar and then baking them to perfection, which takes about 30 minutes. And with the holidays upon us, these are the perfect budget-friendly homemade food gifts that everyone will love!
You won't believe how easy this is to make, and it's the perfect budget-friendly gift for family and friends!
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white and 1 tablespoon water until frothy, about 2 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugars and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, pecans and egg white mixture until well combined. Stir in brown sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread almond mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring at halftime.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Adapted from Averie Cooks