Simply throw everything in the crockpot and you’re set for a family-friendly meal – it doesn’t get easier than that!
You know how you get a song stuck in your head and you sing it over and over and over for a week and a half until a new song gets stuck in your head? Well, my current song is Boy Dance Party by Bruce Willis and the boys from SNL. Ever since they played that skit, I’ve had it stuck in my head non-stop! I’ll go around the house singing it at the top of my lungs until Jason looks at me and says, “But babe, you’re not a boy.”
But enough about what the guys do when their ladies aren’t around. Let’s talk about this easy crockpot dish!
It’s such a simple, effortless dish that comes together so easily in the slow cooker. Simply throw everything into your slow cooker and that’s it! There’s just one tedious part shredding the chicken. But other than that, it’s an easy-peasy, no fuss dish with a sweet honey flavor that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy!
Simply throw everything in the crockpot and you're set for a family-friendly meal - it doesn't get easier than that!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil and red pepper.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken thighs into a slow cooker. Add honey mixture and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from the slow cooker and shred the chicken before returning to the pot with the juices. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking