Made with an easy blueberry simple syrup, this lemonade is so refreshing, sweet and tangy. It’s the perfect way to cool down on a hot day!
I’ve been blessed to live in California for the last 14 years, leaving me to eat blueberries all year long. But when I saw the huge buy-one-get-one-free blueberry sale at my local grocery store, I stocked up on 6 pounds of blueberries. I may have been overjoyed and way too ambitious thinking that I could eat all of it.
So when life gives you blueberries, well, you make blueberry lemonade.
And boy, was I in for a treat. With a simple homemade blueberry syrup, this drink could not get any easier. It’s wonderfully fruity and sweet from the plump juicy blueberries with just enough of a tart kick. And it’s really the perfect way to cool down on a hot day. Plus, if you’re anything like me, well, you’ll sneak in some vodka for an adult-style lemonade!
Made with an easy blueberry simple syrup, this lemonade is so refreshing, sweet and tangy. It's the perfect way to cool down on a hot day!
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To make the blueberry simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain blueberry mixture through a cheesecloth or fine sieve; let cool.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and blueberries, if desired.
Adapted from Eat. Drink. Love.