One Pot BBQ Chicken Pasta
A super easy one pot cheesy pasta dish loaded with tangy BBQ sauce and crisp bacon – even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!
It’s been a bit hectic here the last couple of days. Butters was neutered and Jason had LASIK surgery so between taking care of my boys, I’ve had very little time in the kitchen! Thank goodness for the one pot meal. It saved us from ordering mediocre take-out! Plus, with BBQ sauce, cheese and bacon, you just can’t go wrong.
And yes, this is another super easy one pot meal – a one pot meal where the past gets cooked right in the pot! It’s doesn’t get easier than that, right? And if you want to keep it vegetarian, you can certainly omit the chicken. There’s just so many fun flavors, the chicken may not even be missed!
A super easy one pot cheesy pasta dish loaded with tangy BBQ sauce and crisp bacon - even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon. Stir in chicken and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and cheese until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from The Recipe Rebel