Spinach Tomato Tortellini
The most unbelievably creamy tortellini you will make in just 15 min. Doesn’t get easier or tastier than that!
I had one of those days where I was swamped with errands left and right – a smog check, a visit to the DMV, a carwash, grocery shopping, giving Butters a bath, etc. And it seemed like every little thing that could possibly go wrong went wrong.
So by the time I came home, I was very close to picking up the phone and ordering take-out. But then I saw a bag of tortellini on the kitchen counter and knew I had to do something with it. After all, with a bad day of errands, homemade comfort food is very much needed.
Now the best part about this dish is that it came together in 20 minutes from start to finish. It’s just that easy. And you won’t believe the amazing blend of flavors along with that creamy goodness, loaded with fresh spinach and juicy tomato chunks. Once you take that first bite, I promise you that you’ll be begging for seconds and thirds!
The most unbelievably creamy tortellini you will make in just 15 min. Doesn't get easier or tastier than that!
- 12 ounces tortellini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano, thyme and red pepper flakes, if using; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream mixture and Parmesan, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.