Bacon-Wrapped Sonoran Hot Dog #Sunday Supper
With my dad living in Korea and all, I tend to forget when Father’s Day comes around. Father’s Day isn’t celebrated in Korea so I only learned about it in grade school when they assigned us these special arts and crafty projects to give to my dad on the big day. But since he’s halfway around the world now, we never get to celebrate it anymore. I always ask him over the phone if he’d like me to send him anything and he just laughs and tells me to work hard in school.
But with this #SundaySupper menu, I thought it would be nice to dedicate these hot dogs to my dad. I’m sure he’d just look at these hot dogs, baffled with all these toppings, and ask for a hot dog with some ketchup on it. But still, he should know that these bacon-wrapped hot dogs sitting on some warmed beans and topped with an avocado pico de gallo drizzled with some mayo is a hot dog that is incomparable to one topped with ketchup.
So here’s how you make this:
Let’s start with the avocado pico de gallo. We’ll toss some tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lime juice, stirring in the avocados at the very end so they don’t get all mushed up and guacamole-like.
Then grab your favorite kind of hot dogs. I snagged these amazing organic ones from Trader Joe’s.
Now we’ll wrap each hot dog with some good quality bacon. Trader Joe’s has the best kind of apple smoked bacon.
Then we’ll grill these babies off until they’re nice and crisp.
Be sure to toast up some good quality hot dog buns.
Then we’ll assemble these by adding some beans to the bottom of the bun and then the bacon-wrapped hot dog topped with the avocado pico de gallo. Once you get all that to fit in that tiny little bun, we’ll drizzle it with some mayonnaise that has been thinned out with some milk.
Now how easy was that?
So do you still want that depressing hot dog with the ketchup?
As always, don’t forget to check the other wonderful foodies who have joined me in this week’s amazing #SundaySupper Father’s Day menu.
Father’s Day Brunch:
- Dad’s Omelette Bar Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Peanut Butter and Honey for Father’s Day Breakfast Yummy Smells
- Healthy French Toast In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Paska Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Dad’s Favorite Soup, Salads and Bread:
- Phil’s Pasta Tuna Salad The Watering Mouth
- Simple German Potato Salad and Wiener Wursts German Foodie
- Roasted Beet Soup Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Dad’s Cornbread Magnolia Days
Father’s Day Favorite Main Dishes:
- Greek Burger Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dad’s Favorite Roast Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Bacon Stuffed Jucy Lucy Burger Are you Hungry?
- Spicy Roasted Salmon in Coconut Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dad’s Pride-of-Mobile Fried Oysters Pescetarian Journal
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with Tarragon Butter Tora’s Real Food
- Beef Tongue in Tomato Sauce Basic and Delicious
- Bibim naeng myun Kimchi Mom
- Chicken Biryani Soni’s Food for Thought
- Brown Rice and Black Beans Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Bacon Recipes for Dad Momma Cuisine
- Curry Fish with Mixed Vegetables MyTrials in the Kitchen
- Roast Beef Roll Ups Daily Dish Recipes
- Bread and Butter Pudding Cositas Bonitas
- Tin Roof Sundae Ice Cream famfriendsfood
- Coconut Cream Pudding Chocolate Moosey
- Rich & Fluffy Banana Pudding Parfait The Meltaways
- Black Forest Cheesecake Cravings of a Lunatic
- Macadamia Nut Cookies Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Peach Cobbler Bars Juanita’s Cocina
- Iced Cookie Bars That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pudim Molotoff, Portuguese Meringue Pudding Family Foodie
Wine Pairings for Father’s Day ENOFYLZ
Bacon-Wrapped Sonoran Hot Dog (adapted from Everyday Southwest):
Yields 4 servings
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (15-ounce) can ranch style beans, drained and warmed
- 4 best quality hot dog buns
Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Stir in the avocados.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and milk. Whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add milk as needed.
Wrap each hot dog in a strip of bacon; set aside.
Grill the hot dogs until the bacon is brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
To assemble the hot dogs, scoop the beans evenly into the hot dot dog buns. Add the hot dog and top with the avocado pico de gallo and drizzle the mayonnaise on each hot dog.
- nakapanigga reblogged this from damndelicious
- unbreakers reblogged this from damndelicious
- foxsupera reblogged this from notscaredofghosts
- notscaredofghosts reblogged this from damndelicious
- notscaredofghosts likes this
- vicmbee likes this
- aboutagirlnl likes this
- twill990 reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- im-drowning-in-my-own-misery likes this
- castrogirls3 likes this
- great-white-buffalo reblogged this from damndelicious
- boatwrong likes this
- dooshlord likes this
- hopefullytraveling likes this
- ncisiseverything reblogged this from damndelicious
- xbombinabirdcage likes this
- emmaleevue likes this
- qzoeq likes this
- richaur reblogged this from damndelicious
- 0range3arplugz reblogged this from damndelicious
- borrowingwords reblogged this from gastrogirl
- borrowingwords likes this
- 5fingerrrdiscount likes this
- le-swaggu reblogged this from gastrogirl
- 1td likes this
- shetalkstobees likes this
- gyomuyou-syokuhin likes this
- tahnbahn reblogged this from gastrogirl
- julieta-farcy likes this
- moniluvv likes this
- sunflowers-by-the-sea reblogged this from gastrogirl and added:
- procrastinationinsession likes this
- qiwiqiwi reblogged this from gastrogirl
- amirah4u likes this
- cmoncase reblogged this from gastrogirl
- uhhlampshade likes this
- itsjeenniiffeerr likes this
- missmerranie likes this
- tuxedohera reblogged this from gastrogirl
- wishinoo likes this
- sweatersteayouandme likes this
- toddcamack likes this
- chinesefirebolt reblogged this from damndelicious
- likemyfloww reblogged this from gastrogirl
- crackerjap likes this
- yummylovee reblogged this from damndelicious
- jchando likes this
- ashleystrongholdwitwicky likes this
- linheatsfood reblogged this from gastrogirl
- chaeg likes this