Buffalo Chicken Cups and Giveaway Winner
I’ve always seen these cute little appetizer cups from Pam over at For the Love of Cooking and Ali at Gimme Some Oven so I just had to give it a try. They’re so incredibly easy to make, and it’s so amazing as to how the wonton crisps up in such a short amount of time. Plus you can throw in anything and everything and you’ll end up with a fun little appetizer to feed a huge crowd, or just two very hungry people like me and Jason.
So here’s how you make this:
We’ll first start by slathering on some of the paprika and chili powder on the chicken breasts. I added extra for additional heat.
We’ll fry them up in a skillet until they get nicely browned.
Then go ahead and whip out your Frank’s Red Hot. You have to have some stashed in your pantry.
We’ll shred the cooked chicken and toss them with the butter and a liberal amount of Frank’s Red Hot.
Then we’ll get some wonton wrappers, which you can find in the Asian aisle at your local grocery store,
and fit them into each of the 24 muffin tins. Make sure you lave an opening so you can fill them later. Then pop them into the oven and bake them until it gets lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Now whip out your blue cheese,
and fill these cups up with the buffalo chicken and blue cheese. They’ll go back in the oven until the cheese gets all melted and gooey, about 5-10 minutes.
And that’s it! Dig in! And don’t worry, you can fit the whole thing in your mouth without an issue.
Thank you to everyone who entered the LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salty giveaway. The lucky winner is comment number 20:
Baking Serendipity said…
Biscuits are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I like mine with honey, but my husband would be all over this sausage version!
Congratulations to the winner. You have 48 hours to respond to my email, or else I’ll be picking another winner.
One year ago: Pigs in a Blanket with Curried Ketchup
Buffalo Chicken Cups (adapted from Gimme Some Oven):
Yields 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 scallions, sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika and chili powder.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes before shredding with a fork.
Fit a wonton wrapper into each of the 24 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center.
Place into oven and bake for 5 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, butter, and Frank’s Red Hot; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Keeping the wontons in the baking cups, fill each cup with 2 tablespoons chicken mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
Place into oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has softened and melted.
Serve immediately, topped with scallions.
- seannalyn likes this
- shravalava likes this
- believeineverafter reblogged this from banichaudhary
- banichaudhary reblogged this from damndelicious
- -breakofdawn reblogged this from damndelicious
- thefascination reblogged this from damndelicious
- s-kinny-m-innie reblogged this from damndelicious
- thequeenofhalloween likes this
- thequeenofhalloween reblogged this from damndelicious
- marbarz reblogged this from damndelicious
- in-satiable likes this
- dulcenucita likes this
- ellaeli likes this
- anewme46 likes this
- agirlnamedfrangipane reblogged this from gastrogirl
- theblondepill likes this
- rooomi likes this
- kelseymh likes this
- darkness-in-my-head likes this
- blackdoveshines reblogged this from gastrogirl
- tiffanymariiie likes this
- fancyforfood reblogged this from gastrogirl
- geekcaver likes this
- farrons likes this
- gemieee likes this
- thequeenofapologies likes this
- balinax33 likes this
- not-mary-jane reblogged this from gastrogirl
- not-mary-jane likes this
- foodforthehungry reblogged this from gastrogirl
- adrawrable reblogged this from gastrogirl
- toastmodern likes this
- tinymissvon likes this
- hiper-bola likes this
- hiper-bola reblogged this from gastrogirl
- gimmekimchi likes this
- sourbearz likes this
- rurounidrew reblogged this from gastrogirl
- abigailrace likes this
- freakycooking likes this
- meghan2me likes this
- trishna87 likes this
- showmethebedroomfloor likes this
- garbeta reblogged this from gastrogirl
- longingforlouisville reblogged this from gastrogirl and added:
- ariye reblogged this from gastrogirl
- jesusbenn likes this
- wishinoo likes this
- kjirstinreallife likes this