Biscuit Lime Fish Tacos
I don’t even know where to begin with these tacos. Seriously. It’s probably the best tacos I’ve had in my entire life. No joke. If I could, I’d eat this every. single. day. I mean, it’s a buttery biscuit base as the tortilla filled with super zesty lime tilapia blooming with chipotle pepper flavor topped with fresh mango salsa drizzled with chipotle sour cream and topped with fresh avocado (wow that was a mouthful). Are you not dying yet?! I mean I’m having some major fish taco cravings just looking at these photos!
See, that’s the problem with being a food blogger. When you post something that you made 1-2 weeks ago, you don’t have the luxury to eat this as you write your post, which then makes you hate everything in the world. Ugh.
Anyway, like I said, these tacos are the best. The biscuit base thought of by Bev is absolute genius with its buttery and fluffy characteristics with just enough thickness to hold everything up. Now that I’m done writing this post, I think I’ll have to do an emergency grocery run so I can make this again tonight!
So here’s how you make this:
Let’s first start with some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. This is a major pantry item at our house.
Then we’ll chop them up real good and mix them in with some sour cream and lime juice.
Don’t you just want to swim in this?!
Next we’ll marinate the tilapia in some lime juice and garlic while we make the biscuits.
So let’s get a roll of refrigerated biscuits,
separate them one by one,
and roll them out to about 6- or 7-inches.
Then we’ll fry these babies up in a skillet until they get nicely browned.
Be sure to keep them in a low oven so they stay nice and warm for later.
Now let’s take the lime-garlic-fish mixture and throw it into a skillet with some more cut-up chipotle peppers.
Saute these babies up until they get cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Then let’s make the tacos by adding some fish to each of the biscuits, adding some mango salsa, homemade or store-bought,
along with the cabbage, avocado and chipotle sour cream we made earlier.
You can definitely fold them as tacos,
or eat them open-faced. It’s up to you. They both taste AH-MAZING either way.
Biscuit Lime Fish Tacos (adapted from Bev Cooks):
Yields 3-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can ready-to-bake buttermilk biscuits, separated
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded cabbage, for serving
- Mango salsa, for serving
- Diced avocado, for serving
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon chipotle chiles, sour cream and 1 tablespoon lime juice; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the tilapia, garlic and remaining 7 tablespoons lime juice; set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, press or roll each biscuit into a 6 or 7-inch round.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add a biscuit, one at a time, and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 minute per side; keep warm in oven.
Add the tilapia mixture, remaining 1 tablespoon chipotle chiles, salt and pepper, to taste, to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes.
To assemble, divide the fish among the biscuits and garnish with the cabbage, mango salsa, avocado and chipotle sour cream.
- dreamslastalife likes this
- keep-mehighh likes this
- pescatarian reblogged this from damndelicious
- myoverweightdiary likes this
- jennalinds likes this
- casualbarnowl reblogged this from damndelicious
- myhandmadejewelry likes this
- daraades likes this
- darmentine likes this
- beverlycleverly likes this
- kanelbullar likes this
- thesonfromneptune likes this
- lovetheadventure reblogged this from damndelicious
- unwind-your-mind reblogged this from damndelicious
- shutupshira reblogged this from rawwrrritsrachel
- dan12345 likes this
- azulskies likes this
- foodorgasm101 reblogged this from damndelicious
- tablegazer likes this
- lastinglove19 likes this
- hjooor89 likes this
- alleerod likes this
- hillaryclintonsapprentice likes this
- tear-a-knee likes this
- rawwrrritsrachel reblogged this from 3dible
- missymori likes this
- neatthingsifoundontheinternet reblogged this from 3dible
- styrocup likes this
- bitofheartandsoul likes this
- ifruity reblogged this from 3dible
- tammygu3 likes this
- josellyne likes this
- changeschlowie likes this
- allisonsasso likes this
- areallifegrownupmom likes this
- still-j-a-y reblogged this from 3dible
- sally-sm reblogged this from 3dible
- kaleidoscopeinmyview reblogged this from 3dible
- ccandelario likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- sugarvillainy likes this
- 100cupsofcoffee reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- neet-hime reblogged this from 3dible
- inspirational-mirror reblogged this from 3dible
- necachu reblogged this from 3dible
- monsterladymayhem reblogged this from 3dible
- monsterladymayhem likes this