Raspberry Galette #ChristmasWeek and a Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Each day we will be celebrating a new holiday baking theme where each blogger makes a dish they love. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday December 3rd and ending Friday December 6th.
Working a 9-5 job (actually its more like 8-7 sometimes) and blogging full time can leave you with very little tv time. The only time I get to watch tv is at the gym or when I sacrifice sleep, which is what I did with Dexter.
I really like catching up on my shows when I’m working out since I totally get invested in them, which helps pass the time when I’m on the elliptical.
There’s one problem though.
I can’t freely cry when I’m watching my shows at the gym. And let me tell you - I am a crier. I bawl my eyes out in almost every episode of Grey’s and I’m a huge sucker for proposals. I even cried in a Kay Jeweler commercial. Oh and put on the ending of Armageddon. My eyes will be swollen.
Yeah it’s bad.
With that said, I should tell you that I was watching Nikita at the gym yesterday and had the toughest time holding back my tears. Shane West carried around a diamond ring to propose to Maggie Q but then of course he gets captured and the prison takes his ring away. But then Maggie Q does the extraction and tries to save him and while there’s gun fire and bullets flying everywhere, Shane West asks for the gun and when she asks why, he says, “To get your engagement ring!”
Mind you, he’s still in handcuffs.
It’s a completely unrealistic scene but all I wanted to do was cry.
I have chills just talking about it.
In other news, I now get to cross off galette on my bucket list.
This was the first time I made it and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make! I used the pie crust from Trader Joe’s (at $1.50 a piece, how could I resist?!) and some frozen raspberries that I had lingering around. Once your pie crust is thawed and ready to go, this takes just 10 minutes to put together.
Once it’s out if the oven, you’ll have such a flaky, buttery crust with a perfectly sweetened raspberry filling. Best of all, you can substitute your favorite kind of berry in this!
Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Christmas Pies and Pastries”. Be sure to visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Fried Pies from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate Angel Pie from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Nutella Swirled Pumpkin Pie from Anuradha of Baker Street
- Cheese Danish Pie from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Bakewell Tarts from Isabelle of Crumb
- Grasshopper Pie from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Cranberry Fritters from Erin of The Spiffy Cookie
- Cinnamon Pecan Crescent Rolls from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
- Banketstaaf (Dutch Christmas Log) from Heather of Girlichef
- Eggnog and Cranberry Christmas Braid from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Now for the awesome giveaway!
Freund Container & Supply has generously donated $100 gift certificates for each #ChristmasWeek blogger to give away! Freund Container & Supply is the largest distributor of glass bottles, containers and wholesale packaging supplies online. Freund offers over 5000 items in stock every day, 98% same day shipping and low-price guarantees. Take a look at Freund’s wide selection of jars, tins, bottles and vials for all your crafting and food related needs!
Freund Container & Supply is also offering all #ChristmasWeek blog readers 10% off purchases from now through March 31, 2013. Simply enter code JINGLEME10 to receive your discount!
Giveaway ends on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to both US and Canadian residents. However, due to current international shipping rates, Canadian winners will pay higher shipping costs for orders.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Freund Container & Supply. #ChristmasWeek bloggers have not been compensated as part of this giveaway.
One year ago: Almond Poppy Seed Bread
Raspberry Galette (adapted from Comfort of Cooking):
Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine raspberries, sugar and cornstarch.
Roll out pie crust and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread raspberry mixture evenly over the top, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
Fold the border over the edge of the raspberries, covering the filling by about 1 inch. Brush the edge with beaten egg.
Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- capital-ventures likes this
- photograghy-passion likes this
- charitable-giving likes this
- personalview-comment likes this
- morninglorypink likes this
- legitifrit likes this
- ccmvcb likes this
- paweejen likes this
- binguu-vip-theyareback likes this
- kkoessler likes this
- thetastebudrapist reblogged this from gastrogirl
- dessyswonderland likes this
- cafe2361 reblogged this from gastrogirl
- etteirrah likes this
- karolinagumpert likes this
- confusedren likes this
- boatshoesandsailboats likes this
- maymaybuggy reblogged this from gastrogirl
- clarycant likes this
- bozinho666 likes this
- orgiophant reblogged this from gastrogirl
- orgiophant likes this
- bluexwings likes this
- morgii likes this
- combee likes this
- leilanithelioness likes this
- rouxby likes this
- catty1 likes this
- andifeltfree likes this
- ipwnzombies likes this
- reaperzombie likes this
- tamalmaker reblogged this from gastrogirl
- tamalmaker likes this
- bowtiesoup reblogged this from gastrogirl
- devil-in-the-pale-moonlight likes this
- endquestionmark likes this
- lanisims likes this
- gastrogirl reblogged this from damndelicious
- kat-yusha likes this
- emilylovestodream likes this
- miaraechae likes this
- dveoit likes this
- heapsofhenri likes this
- foodshack likes this
- yaymicrobes likes this
- bestofcakes likes this
- johnnyjoe34 likes this
- skinny--boo likes this
- pineapplesncheese likes this
- ladybaglady likes this