This quick and easy vegetarian noodle dish comes together in just 20 minutes – perfect for those busy weeknights!
I wish I was one of those people who scheduled blog posts before traveling. But being who I am and procrastinating until the very last minute, I’m actually writing this post on my iPhone on a bus in Iowa on my way to a corn farm.
I really have my priorities in order, right?
No, but really, I’m having a huge blast in Iowa right now and I absolutely cannot wait to share all of my photos with you once I’m back. From wine glasses over a cozy fire to beer tastings, there’s a part of me that wants to stay in Iowa forever! Although I think I’m in need of some boots first because apparently I’m the only LA girl in flip flops here.
But before I run around the corn fields taking pictures like a mad man, I really need to share one of my favorite weeknight meals. It’s a super easy and simple soba noodle dish that comes together in just 20 minutes! And with a tangy, refreshing dressing, crisp tofu cubes and crushed peanuts for that added crunch, you won’t be missing the meat in this protein-packed dish at all!
This quick and easy vegetarian noodle dish comes together in just 20 minutes - perfect for those busy weeknights!
- 1 pound soba
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Crushed peanuts, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and sesame seeds; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add tofu and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes; set aside. Add cabbage, garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, rice wine vinegar mixture, tofu, cabbage and green onions.
- Serve immediately, garnished with peanuts and Sriracha, if desired.