Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
An easy, no-fuss, make-ahead crumbly stuffing loaded with so many amazing flavors and a kick of heat that the whole family will go crazy for! It’s so good, you’ll want to make this every single year!
I am so excited to be a part of Anolon‘s Make It Yours campaign where a handful of bloggers and I take holiday side dishes from our favorite cookbooks, blogs, family members, etc. and add our own personal spin to it. And so this was the perfect time for me to make Megan’s Chorizo and Cornbread Stuffing, something I’ve been wanting to make for weeks ever since I attended the Iowa Cornquest back in September when I personally tried her creation made by Mrs. Country Cleaver herself!
Now I don’t know about your guys but the stuffing is my absolute favorite part about Thanksgiving. Not the turkey, not the 12 different pies on the dinner table, but the stuffing. The stuffing all baked to perfection and soaked in gravy. And then when you make Ross’ moistmaker using leftovers and soaked up gravy stuffing – yeah, that’s what I really look forward to every single year.
So with the stuffing, I have to use cornbread. Not store-bought but homemade, cheesy, crumbly jalapeno cornbread. But if you’re short on time, go for the store-bought one. I won’t judge you. Sometimes we really need those shortcuts, especially during the holidays!
Once you have your cornbread all ready to go, all you need is some chopped up veggies, some crumbled chorizo and you are set. And with the help of Anolon’s Tri-Ply Clad 5-Quart Covered Saute with Helper Handle, this stuffing will come together so quickly and easily, leaving you to plan for a stress-free Thanksgiving meal. If you’re serving this as a dressing rather than a stuffing, you can even make this ahead of time and just pop it in the oven 20 minutes before serving!
The best part about this stuffing is that the kind folks over at Anolon are offering one lucky Damn Delicious reader a chance to win their very own Tri-Ply Clad 5-Quart Covered Saute with Helper Handle to help you create your own creative holiday side dishes!
- The cookware’s durable three-ply construction features an aluminum core between layers of stainless steel for excellent, efficient heat distribution all the way up the sides of the pan.
- This cookware is suitable for use on all stovetops, including induction, and the polished, sophisticated stainless steel exterior is easy to clean.
- Comfortable, stylish handles are dual riveted for strength, and the added helper handle provides a confident grasp when removing braised chicken thighs with olives and tomatoes from the oven.
- The deep-seated coordinating stainless steel lid seals in heat and moisture for a clean, professional look and performance.
- For convenience, the cookware is dishwasher safe for quick cleanup and oven safe to 500°F.
For your chance to win, just be sure to enter through the rafflecopter below. Good luck!
Giveaway ends on Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted by email. If there is no response after 48 hours, another winner will be selected. Open to US residents only.
An easy, no-fuss, make-ahead crumbly stuffing loaded with so many amazing flavors and a kick of heat that the whole family will go crazy for! It's so good, you'll want to make this every single year!
- 1/2 cup chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups diced jalapeno cornbread, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chorizo as it cooks. Add garlic, onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have browned, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in cornbread, cilantro and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add cornbread mixture to prepared baking dish. Place into oven and bake until heated through and lightly browned on top, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
Adapted from Country Cleaver
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Anolon. All opinions expressed are my own.