You may think you hate brussels sprouts until you have this amazing, super crisp bacon-loaded salad – even your pickiest of eaters will gobble this up instantly!
I don’t know about you guys but I thought I hated brussels sprouts up until today. Until I made it in a salad and added bacon. But not just any kind of bacon. I tossed this salad with a boatload of incredibly crisp, crumbly, cherry hardwood smoked bacon.
Seriously, how can you ever go wrong with a salad that involves bacon? And with a tangy, sweet lemon vinaigrette, this salad has all the flavors of a refreshing salad with those crunchy bacon bits in every bite. It’s the perfect Thanksgiving side dish to cleanse your palate from all those heavy carbs you’ll be devouring that day!
You may think you hate brussels sprouts until you have this amazing, super crisp bacon-loaded salad - even your pickiest of eaters will gobble this up instantly!
- 6 slices Jones Dairy Farm Cherry Hardwood Smoked Sliced Bacon, diced
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To assemble the salad, place brussels sprouts in a large bowl; top with bacon and almonds. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. All opinions expressed are my own.