Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
Wonderfully sweet, tangy, refreshing and bubbly. Plus, it’s so easy and inexpensive to make right at home!
Since Butters is our first dog – our first baby – we’ve been completely spoiling him. We hold him in our arms, we give him treats for being cute, and we try to get in as many snuggles as possible. I also went shopping on etsy.com for the most adorable, customized bandana to put on his collar, and to my surprise, he posed so beautifully for the camera.
But then 30 seconds later, this happened.
Yeah, I don’t think he liked it very much. At least I got one good shot of him, right?
But once we got that bandana off, Jason and I sipped on this incredibly refreshing sweet and tangy, bubbly lemonade. It was the absolute perfect spring afternoon, guzzling this down in sunny 70 degree weather, with the puppy sitting right beside us.
Wonderfully sweet, tangy, refreshing and bubbly. Plus, it's so easy and inexpensive to make right at home!
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
- To make the simple syrup, combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes; let cool.
- Add strawberries to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 1-2 minutes; strain through a cheesecloth or fine sieve.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together strawberry puree, lemon juice and simple syrup. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and sparkling water.
Adapted from Cookie Monster Cooking