Parmesan Lemon Zucchini
The most amazing zucchini side dish made in 10 min or less. It’s so easy and effortless, you’ll want to make this every single night!
I’ve made a lot of zucchini dishes lately – from the zucchini parmesan crisps to the baked parmesan zucchini to the one pot zucchini mushroom pasta, but nothing beats this one here. I mean with a 10-minute cook time, I don’t think anything can top this.
Even Butters hovered around me in the kitchen and during the photo shoot the entire time, and he NEVER does this. He even tried to jump on the table at least a dozen times. It was quite distracting to watch all of this unfold since his short legs could never reach the table. Poor thing, but still, so cute.
I think what really attracted Butters’ attention is the buttery goodness of all this. Yes, these zucchini rounds get cooked in melted butter along with lemon zest and thyme. From there, you’ll flip them over and finish them off until they’re golden brown.
When you’re ready to serve, go ahead and sprinkle on that Parmesan goodness along with freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s so easy and simple, but so good. Sometimes simplicity is the best way to go!
The most amazing zucchini side dish made in 10 min or less. It's so easy and effortless, you'll want to make this every single night!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 zucchinis, thinly sliced to 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Working in batches, add zucchini, thyme and lemon zest. Cook, flipping once, until golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and lemon juice.
Adapted from Brooklyn Supper