Zucchini Corn Pancakes
These easy pancakes are the perfect side dish or appetizer to any meal. And best of all, they don’t even taste “healthy”!
I have always been such a sucker for savory pancakes. It may be due to the fact that Korean green onion pancakes were a staple at our house, usually served as a side dish. And whenever it was on our dinner table, I would only pick at that, and my mother had to scold me many times to eat everything else on my plate. But I’d still sneak in a piece of pancake here and there.
Yes, I was quite a pancake rebel as a child.
I may still be a pancake rebel to date because when I made these zucchini corn pancakes, I was not willing to share. At all.
Good thing these are easy to make because I’m sure I’ll be making this weekly at our house. All you need is a few pantry ingredients, freshly grated zucchini, corn kernels and your favorite kind of cheese. Easy enough, right?
From there, you’ll just mix it up in a one bowl – perfect for easy clean up – and use an ice cream scoop to add it to the skillet. Just be sure to flatten them slightly and flip when ready. You can serve immediately along with sour cream (Greek yogurt also works great here) or even salsa.
Just be sure to double the recipe because sharing may not be an option.
These easy pancakes are the perfect side dish or appetizer to any meal. And best of all, they don't even taste "healthy"!
- 1 pound zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine; let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain zucchini completely.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, corn, eggs, basil, oregano and garlic powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese and flour until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Scoop tablespoons of batter for each pancake, flattening with a spatula, and cook until the underside is nicely golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Girl Versus Dough