Easy Homemade Ramen
The easiest ramen you will ever make in less than 30 min from start to finish. And it’s so much tastier (and healthier) than the store-bought version!
I grew up on packaged ramen all my life, particularly in college. It’s practically a staple when you’re living in the dorms. And no, it’s not the healthiest thing for you, but it’s the quickest dinner you can make in just 2 minutes.
But like all things here, you know I just had to give a homemade version a try because at the end of the day, homemade is always best.
Best of all, this recipe uses simple ingredients you already have on hand. Plus, you can add in your favorite veggies, making this to be the perfect clean-out-the-fridge meal. Although the spinach, carrot, mushroom combo is hard to beat.
And finding ramen noodles should not be an issue at all – all major grocery stores carry them in the Asian foods section.
Just be sure to discard those seasoning packets because this homemade version is packed with tons of flavor, made completely from scratch. You can’t beat that!
The easiest ramen you will ever make in less than 30 min from start to finish. And it's so much tastier (and healthier) than the store-bought version!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or more, to taste
- 3 (5.6-ounce) packages refrigerated Yaki-Soba, seasoning sauce packets discarded*
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, mushrooms, soy sauce and 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in Yaki-Soba until loosened and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, carrot and chives until the spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
*Yaki-Soba is ramen-style noodles and can be found in the refrigerated aisle of your local grocery store.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum