Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
Crisp-tender potatoes loaded with garlicky parmesan goodness – and it’s the easiest side dish you will ever make right in the crockpot!
Christmas is in T-minus 24 hours. The tree is up. The presents are wrapped. And the menu is set. No, wait. I actually don’t have any of that ready yet. I should really finish my Christmas shopping at some point.
But first, these garlic parmesan potatoes – a super simple side dish that anyone can make.
All you need is a handful of baby Dutch potatoes tossed in the slow cooker with a little bit of olive oil, butter, garlic and fresh herbs (or dry herbs, whichever you have on hand). You’ll top it off with a lid and let it cook nice and slow until you get that crisp-tender goodness.
When ready to serve, go ahead and sprinkle on that freshly grated Parmesan. You can even add a little extra – after all, it’s Christmas time, and I’m sure Santa will forgive you for doubling up that Parmesan!
Crisp-tender potatoes loaded with garlicky parmesan goodness - and it's the easiest side dish you will ever make right in the crockpot!
- 3 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place potatoes, olive oil, butter, garlic, oregano, basil and dill into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, or until tender.*
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and garnished with parsley, if desired.
*Cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on the size of the potatoes.