Spicy Roasted Shrimp Sandwich with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
I could not be more excited that it is finally Friday. Not only because it’s the last day of the work week or because I get to look forward to sleeping in tomorrow instead of being stuck in LA traffic but also because Jason is coming home tomorrow! I haven’t seen him for a month so I am absolute ecstatic that he’ll be flying in Saturday morning.
So instead of staying in, cooking up a storm and blogging all weekend, I will be out indulging in an awesome burger from Father’s Office and a slice of cake (it may be 2-3 slices) from Sweet Lady Jane. I’m sure I’ll gain about 5-10 pounds in a single weekend but it’ll be so worth it. After all, once he’s gone, it’ll be back to cereal dinners.
But before I depart on my fun-filled weekend ahead, I leave you with this sandwich. A glorious sandwich, actually. It’s filled with roasted shrimp with just enough seasoning to give you a little heat, sliced avocado and a generous drizzling of that chipotle avocado mayo I made not too long ago for the Carnitas Avocado Pizza. Yes, you get two doses of avocado because I’ve learned that you can never have too much!
Just be sure to serve this baby on a toasted baguette, although if you do, you’ll definitely be begging for more!
So here’s how you make this:
Let’s first toss some fresh shrimp with olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and of course, salt and pepper.
Once that’s all combined, go ahead and roast these babies in a 400 degree F oven for about 6-8 minutes.
When the shrimp are done and gorgeously pink, serve these pretties on a toasted baguette on a bed of romaine lettuce, sliced avocado and a drizzle of that chipotle avocado mayo goodness.
One year ago: Banana Pecan Muffins
Spicy Shrimp Sandwich with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise (adapted from Life’s Ambrosia):
Yields 3-4 servings
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chipotle avocado mayonnaise
- 1 baguette, cut it into 3-4 equal pieces, toasted, for serving
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- Sliced avocado, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Place shrimp mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
Serve sandwiches on a baguette with romaine lettuce, avocado, shrimp and chipotle avocado mayonnaise.
- zombieswithcheese likes this
- jakoolest likes this
- kawaiisted likes this
- bodytrendsgang reblogged this from damndelicious
- fonika likes this
- dec-9th reblogged this from damndelicious
- paulinaxla likes this
- pamelaanne likes this
- victimofvandaliism likes this
- asweethoneybee likes this
- sparks-fly-whenever-y0u-smile reblogged this from damndelicious
- cookinghijinx reblogged this from poodforn
- adalimedina likes this
- pure-contemplation likes this
- graceinplace likes this
- ohhcarl likes this
- farefortheextraordinaire reblogged this from damndelicious
- starlightwhirl likes this
- o-so-riginal reblogged this from wanted-food
- o-so-riginal likes this
- itsmelissaaa likes this
- runswithdolphins likes this
- wanted-food reblogged this from damndelicious
- krazeecandy likes this
- november-twentieth likes this
- hersentimentsexactlyy reblogged this from damndelicious
- alludedto reblogged this from damndelicious
- workforfitness reblogged this from damndelicious
- caramel-lace reblogged this from damndelicious
- thehouseofsevenlibrarians reblogged this from poodforn
- swweettoothh reblogged this from damndelicious
- jessicastrange likes this
- galacticdrugdealer likes this
- vannboyd78 likes this
- thetrainridein likes this
- sanguinecharlotte reblogged this from poodforn
- 4everinlove924 reblogged this from fadedresolution
- 4everinlove924 likes this
- healthy-cheri reblogged this from poodforn
- little-robi likes this
- beginningsofabaker likes this
- whendiplomacyfails likes this
- vernhere reblogged this from poodforn
- donruso likes this
- viewing-around likes this
- ubercuteness likes this
- seganandtara likes this
- supposedlyawesomeness reblogged this from poodforn
- whatsthatlookfor likes this