Quinoa Veggie “Fried Rice” and a Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
We’re wrapping up breast cancer awareness week with an awesome giveaway! But first, I bring you yet another healthy dish: quinoa veggie fried rice. This recipe here is a spin off my go-to Pancetta Fried Rice except I’ve taken out the greasy, yet amazing pancetta, and added more veggies and substituted quinoa for the brown rice.
Quinoa is one of my favorite ingredients ever. It has so many amazing health benefits with it’s abundance of protein, unsaturated fats and essential vitamins and minerals, and it even helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer (according to Eat to Defeat). Plus, I love the taste of it! It worked so well in this “fried rice” dish, melding so beautifully together with all the veggies. Plus, the drizzled Sriracha was just the icing on the cake!
So here’s how you make this:
We’ll start by sweating out some garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or so.
Then we’ll add in our mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini, letting them get nice and tender.
Next goes in the corn, peas, carrots and quinoa.
Once that’s heated through, we’ll stir in the ginger and soy sauce.
And finally, we’ll add in the green onions and diced eggs (for the diced eggs, you can just fry 2 beaten eggs over low heat until completely cooked through).
Go ahead and serve immediately with Sriracha - the most important ingredient of all!
In honor of breast cancer awareness month, we’re giving away a Cafe Escapes Indulgence Gift Basket to one lucky ready! Good luck!
Quinoa Veggie “Fried Rice”:
Yields 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Stir in green onions and eggs.
Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha, if desired.
- hibichuu likes this
- candy-b3 likes this
- chalaeleven reblogged this from damndelicious
- chalaeleven likes this
- believeximagine reblogged this from damndelicious
- believeximagine likes this
- jleobruun reblogged this from damndelicious
- helloexplorer likes this
- juststartalready likes this
- appleglimmer-during-moonlight likes this
- dazeeedandconfused likes this
- raymondssubmissivequeen likes this
- 100777290 likes this
- lexiisparks likes this
- lexiisparks reblogged this from damndelicious
- want-to-be-fit-too reblogged this from damndelicious
- mightaswellsendinaonesie likes this
- maudlinmiss likes this
- glam-kills likes this
- bnjcil reblogged this from damndelicious
- siddis likes this
- thethoughtsihave likes this
- carlyon-fire reblogged this from damndelicious
- vaniteatime reblogged this from gastrogirl
- 17poundstogo reblogged this from damndelicious
- 17poundstogo likes this
- mooneymyrtle likes this
- lovesandstuff reblogged this from damndelicious
- markmamber reblogged this from damndelicious
- reunionnaiselaurie likes this
- reunionnaiselaurie reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- lydiakj likes this
- i-am-a-tempest-in-a-teacup reblogged this from damndelicious
- theromansareeverywhere likes this
- getfree-freetheuniverse likes this
- dammyrag likes this
- elli-pirelli reblogged this from damndelicious
- threelilbirdies likes this
- shutupvenus likes this
- yourepathetic likes this
- carpeeyo likes this
- run-swim-lift likes this
- nikkilolzz likes this
- thecorporategiraffe likes this
- healthy-m0tivations reblogged this from damndelicious
- jetblackheart likes this
- lindslord likes this
- beigesky likes this
- embracethecurves reblogged this from damndelicious