Lightened-Up Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze
Donuts make me happy. Like really happy. Especially when they’re lightened up and I can eat twice as much guilt-free.
It makes me forget about a lot of things, like how raging pissed I was driving home from work last night since it took 1.5 hrs to drive 12 miles, how the smelliest lady of all hopped on the elliptical next to me and how Thanksgiving is less than a week away and I still don’t have a menu finalized.
The power of donuts, right? Oh and that glaze. Yeah, that’s what does it for me.
One year ago: Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
Lightened-Up Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Glaze:
Yields 12 donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the maple glaze:
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a donut pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, yogurt, butter, eggs and vanilla.
Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
Scoop batter evenly into donut pan. Place into oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until donuts are slightly browned and spring back when touched.
To make the glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup and milk. Whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk as needed.
When the donuts are done, cool for 10 minutes and dip the top into the glaze.
Allow glaze to set before serving.
- mcdonald-trump reblogged this from damndelicious
- chin-up-dear reblogged this from damndelicious
- katieniagara reblogged this from tinafeyed
- cheerthesad likes this
- ktjjj likes this
- thechronic-what-cles likes this
- fairestmajesty likes this
- tinafeyed reblogged this from damndelicious
- tinafeyed likes this
- vxronica likes this
- fussl200 likes this
- leannejennele likes this
- paralyzednightmares likes this
- happycrumb likes this
- youpitralala likes this
- katcakes likes this
- eigentlichnix likes this
- justbeinglo likes this
- bfoodgalore reblogged this from damndelicious
- raven4ever likes this
- sleipnirohara likes this
- blueberryprince reblogged this from damndelicious
- gellabellabean likes this
- scribbleddownname likes this
- acomicbookgirl likes this
- heapsofhenri likes this
- notflowers likes this
- hungryjacs likes this
- stuck-together-pieces reblogged this from damndelicious
- remmyy likes this
- chef-tonberry likes this
- zed-azrael likes this
- damndelicious posted this