Leftover Thanksgiving Ham Cobb Salad
Use up your leftover ham in this glorious cobb salad with a healthy, guiltless Greek yogurt ranch dressing! It’s the perfect post-Thanksgiving detox!
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Jason and I loaded up the car and headed to Los Angeles for a very long 6-hr trek in the middle of the night (after In-N-Out and Krispy Kreme, of course) but we all made it here in one piece.
But before we discuss one of my favorite uses of Thanksgiving leftovers, I wanted to first let you all know how grateful I am to have you as my readers. Without you, this blog would not be possible and I wouldn’t be able to have a job that I truly love and enjoy. You have absolutely no idea how much I appreciate your visits here! So for this Thanksgiving, I am completely and truly grateful for you.
That being said, let’s talk leftovers. I’m sure you have a ton of goodies just waiting to be used and if you’re like me, you probably bought a ham that’s 10 pounds heavier than you actually needed for the big day. I’ve made leftover ham bone soup before but this year, I needed something light and filling, a Thanksgiving detox from all that food coma!
A salad is the perfect way to use up those ham slices, especially in a cobb salad lined up with hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, avocado and creamy goat cheese. And it goes perfectly with guiltless Greek yogurt ranch that’s a bit healthier but tastes just as good as the original!
Use up your leftover ham in this glorious cobb salad with a healthy, guiltless Greek yogurt ranch dressing! It's the perfect post-Thanksgiving detox!
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make the Greek yogurt ranch, whisk together Greek yogurt, buttermilk, dill, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with arranged rows of ham, tomatoes, avocado, eggs and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately with Greek yogurt ranch.