The perfect last minute edible gift idea for the holidays that’s budget friendly and so easy to whip-up!
If you’re anything like me, you may have not finished your christmas shopping just yet. I mean there’s still 3 days left, right? That’s when edible gifts come to the rescue because at the end of the day, I’d much rather visit the grocery store than the mall at this time of December. And really, edible gifts are so much more personal than a gift card, especially when caramel corn is involved!
Now this caramel corn really tastes like a cinnamon roll. And if you really want to go that extra mile, you can drizzle on some melted chocolate goodness but honestly, you can keep them as is.
Either way, these make the absolute perfect holiday gift that everyone will love. Not to mention, it’s budget friendly and so easy to whip up! Now who said you had to spend a fortune on Christmas shopping this year?
The perfect last minute edible gift idea for the holidays that's budget friendly and so easy to whip-up!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and salt. Without stirring, bring to a boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and brown sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Place into oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring in 15 minute intervals. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe