These potatoes are incredibly tender on the inside yet amazingly crisp on the outside – the perfect side dish to any meal!
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Jason and I couldn’t manage to get those dinner reservations so he surprised me with a very fancy take-out dinner from Grégoire. It was actually just as romantic as we sat on our couch in our pajamas, devouring our deep fried quails while watching The Hangover. But now that this holiday is out of the way, let’s talk potatoes.
Now if you’ve never had smashed potatoes before, you are in for quite a treat. It’s pretty much the best kind of potato side dish you could ever have – fluffy on the inside yet incredibly crisp on the outside. Couple that with some garlic goodness and fresh thyme, and it is absolute perfection. It’s so good, you’ll want to devour it all without a main dish!
These potatoes are incredibly tender on the inside yet amazingly crisp on the outside - the perfect side dish to any meal!
- 24 ounces Dutch yellow baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain well.
- Place potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a potato masher or fork, carefully smash the potatoes until flattened but still in one piece. Top with olive oil, garlic and thyme.
- Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Let's Dish