Honey Garlic Chicken
The most amazing crisp-tender chicken with a honey garlic sauce that is out of this world. So good, you’ll want to use this sauce on everything!
Surprisingly enough, this is a recipe I bookmarked about 4 years ago. And I finally got around to it this week.
MY OTHER RECIPES
Talk about procrastinating. But this dish here was really worth the 4 year wait.
Aside from the amazingly crisp-tender chicken cutlets, the honey garlic sauce is the true star here.
I even set aside a secret stash to drizzle over some rice. Or maybe I’ll just guzzle it down. No one has to know.
Honey Garlic Chicken
The most amazing crisp-tender chicken with a honey garlic sauce that is out of this world!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
For the honey garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup honey, or more, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 147.6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16.4g
Saturated Fat 2.2g
Trans Fat 0.3g
Total Carbohydrate 61.5g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.