Baked Green Bean Fries
Healthy, nutritious fries that you can eat guilt-free. And they’re baked to absolute crisp-perfection!
Christmas is fast-approaching, and if our Christmas feast is going to be anything like our Thanksgiving feast, I’m in need of some fat pants and a huge serving of these green bean fries.
Now I don’t know about you guys but being the pathological snacker that I am, these come in super handy, especially when you pile on that Ranch dipping sauce. After all, it all evens out since these are baked, saving you on a ton of calories!
Healthy, nutritious fries that you can eat guilt-free. And they're baked to absolute crisp-perfection!
- 1 cup Panko*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge green beans in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place green beans in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.