Garlic Roasted Carrots
This is really the best and easiest way to roast carrots. All you need is 5 min prep. It’s just that quick and easy! 59.5 calories.
I’ve never really been a fan of carrots, except when I’m munching on baby carrots and dunking them into a pool of Ranch dressing. But after trying these roasted carrots, I’ve learned that these are really the only way to have carrots.
It’s just so easy to whip up with a blend of simple ingredients – olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. That’s it. Not to mention the 5 min prep. Sometimes the simplest recipes are truly the best!
This is really the best and easiest way to roast carrots. All you need is 5 min prep. It's just that quick and easy! 59.5 calories.
- 24 baby carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Why It’s A Smart Choice
Carrots are high in Vitamin A, a fat soluble vitamin. This means our bodies need a source of fat to help absorb this vitamin. Fortunately, the olive oil in this recipe perfectly meets that need!
Nutritional information provided by Jessica Penner, RD at Smart Nutrition.