White Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Boy am I glad that it is finally Friday. This week was quite long and exhausting, and I cannot wait to relax all weekend. But then the real challenge is getting through work today!
The worst part about it is that I don’t have any more of these cookies! See, that’s the hardest part about food blogging. It’s not the stress of creating recipes, the chase of natural lighting, the potential fires that start in the oven, or the gnarly kitchen wounds from your mandoline. It’s the staring and the drooling of the pictures of the food that you made weeks ago, and then having to write about how amazing the food was without having a plate for yourself!
So that’s what I’m doing here. I had yet another cereal dinner, plus like half a box of cereal without the milk, but I’m looking at these cookies and thinking that I may just bake a batch right now and have that as dinner part two.
I mean these might be the best cookies I’ve ever made in a long time. They had the perfect texture of the slightly crisp edges but it was also incredibly light and fluffy with every bite, along with the juicy blueberries that had an incredible marriage with the creamy vanilla notes of the white chocolate. Plus, oatmeal is healthy, right? Couple that with some blueberries and I call this breakfast!
One year ago: Roast Pork Loin with Bacon and Brown Sugar Glaze
White Chocolate Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from Lauren’s Latest):
Yields 28 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg until well combined. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture at low speed, beating just until incorporated.
Gently fold in chocolate chips and blueberries.
Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheet and press down lightly to flatten.
Place into oven and bake until edges are golden brown but center is still moist, about 7-8 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- seannalyn likes this
- onlyposersfall-in-love likes this
- sliceoflifegirl reblogged this from damndelicious
- maadfoodhouse reblogged this from damndelicious
- maadfoodhouse likes this
- rockndrollqueen likes this
- fluffsandstuffs likes this
- kattt-attackkk reblogged this from damndelicious
- faux-heart likes this
- kungphooey reblogged this from adaisyifyoudo
- adaisyifyoudo reblogged this from cumberbatchedtimelord
- myscenicroute likes this
- coralkisses likes this
- lilliex likes this
- volantly reblogged this from damndelicious
- volantly likes this
- ciciduzit likes this
- attackofthefoodporn reblogged this from poodforn
- yummy-photography reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- dear-adelene reblogged this from poodforn
- emilykwak likes this
- thinkimacontra reblogged this from poodforn
- sonnetsandchickenwings reblogged this from poodforn and added:
- asiiananniie reblogged this from poodforn
- foodaliciousfoodette likes this
- popbubblewraps likes this
- imahappycheesecake reblogged this from poodforn
- thechocolatefiend likes this
- anna-logy likes this
- diamondintherough26 likes this
- healthy-cheri reblogged this from poodforn
- ribbon-sky reblogged this from poodforn
- healthy-cheri likes this
- jessyebechic reblogged this from bstylezz
- foodforeye likes this
- cassiekittredge reblogged this from poodforn
- insane-love-affair likes this
- cheetahbes likes this
- nessamouse reblogged this from poodforn
- uselesswolf reblogged this from poodforn
- betheonewhodares likes this
- marg3 likes this
- ellevoltaire likes this
- girlwithathorn likes this
- fefi10 likes this
- bstylezz reblogged this from poodforn
- bstylezz likes this
- kimberlytownsendpalmer reblogged this from poodforn
- kimberlytownsendpalmer likes this