The easiest, most flavorful way to prepare shrimp – so perfect for summer grilling or roasting!
I was at the grocery store the other day and I saw the most gorgeous shrimp showcased at the seafood counter. It was just so pretty that I ended up buying 3 pounds of shrimp, and I had no idea what to make with them. But when I found a bag of lemons on my kitchen counter, I just had to make these lemon garlic shrimp kabobs.
Now the beauty of these kabobs is how easy this comes together. The only difficult task here is peeling the shrimp. But once that’s done, all that’s left to do is threading them onto a skewer with fresh lemon slices. From there, you can throw them right onto the grill or pop them into the oven. Yes, it’s just that simple!
While the shrimp is grilling or roasting, you can throw some butter onto a skillet with fresh garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice and your favorite herbs – oregano, thyme, basil, etc. Then you can slather on all that buttery goodness right onto the shrimp!
I told you it was easy! And the flavors are just amazing. You get that buttery goodness with the tangy, fresh lemon juice, and the lemon wedges are absolutely phenomenal. Jason ended up eating more of the lemon than the actual shrimp!
The easiest, most flavorful way to prepare shrimp - so perfect for summer grilling or roasting!
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 lemons, thinly sliced and halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Thread shrimp and lemon halves onto skewers. Place skewers onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and roast just until pink, firm and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.*
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Stir in lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil until fragrant, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve shrimp skewers immediately, brushed with butter mixture and garnished with parsley, if desired.
*These can be grilled over medium high heat, about 3-4 minutes per side.