Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce
Ever since I started food blogging 13 months ago, I’ve rarely repeated any recipes. I definitely have some favorites that I’d like to try again here and there but I love trying new things, and I like to use the opportunity to post something new for the blog.
But one of the things that is in constant repeat at our house is pancetta fried rice (recipe to come soon). That and now this dish. This was my second time making this actually - the first time was months ago when I was visiting Jason in San Francisco. We absolutely loved it, and I made sure to recreate it so I can share it with all of you guys.
It’s an amazing dinner dish that comes together so quickly, but it’s still fancy enough to make when you have company over. All that needs to be done is to create the homemade teriyaki marinade, soak the salmon in this marinade for about 30 minutes or so, roast the salmon and then drizzle some of this fantastic Sriracha cream sauce on top. Yes, you heard me, I said Sriracha “cream” sauce. How mouth-wateringly amazing does that sound? The whole ensemble is wonderfully sweet with just enough heat in every bite. Just writing about this is making me crave this, and I just had it on Sunday! I might need to do an emergency grocery run so I can make it again tonight!
So here’s how you make this. Let’s first start with the Sriracha cream sauce by combining some mayo, Sriracha and condensed milk. I added about 3 tablespoons Sriracha since Jason and I like our food super spicy.
Then go ahead and take a swim in this sauce. I won’t judge.
Once you’re done with your Sriracha cream sauce swim, it’s time to make the teriyaki marinade. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
Combine the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water and add it to this marinade so it gets nice and thick.
You want it thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Let the teriyaki marinade cool a bit before you combine it with the salmon.
Place the marinating salmon in the fridge for about 30 minutes to overnight. The longer the better.
Then we’re going to bake it at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Don’t let it overcook!
Once your salmon comes out of the oven, serve it immediately on a bed of white rice with a liberal drizzle of the Sriracha cream sauce. Feel free to garnish it a bit if you’d like. Or you can just dig in and devour this like there’s no tomorrow.
One year ago: Soba Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce (adapted from The Boogie Blog):
Yields 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 salmon filets
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
For the Sriracha cream sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
To make the Sriracha cream sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Sriracha and condensed milk in a small bowl. Taste for spiciness and add more Sriracha as needed; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer.
Stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine the teriyaki marinade and salmon filets; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
Place the salmon filets along with the marinade onto the prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.
Serve the salmon immediately with rice and a drizzle of the Sriracha cream sauce, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.
- tponts likes this
- lodeman likes this
- mythoughtts-exactly likes this
- ilyapasternak likes this
- extremerickman reblogged this from zombieswithcheese
- extremerickman likes this
- skulllegoz likes this
- siighko likes this
- zombieswithcheese reblogged this from damndelicious
- zombieswithcheese likes this
- make-it-tentative likes this
- maria-refuge likes this
- worthystyle likes this
- natalinaxo reblogged this from ramblingsofsaa
- ramblingsofsaa reblogged this from damndelicious
- ramblingsofsaa likes this
- whereisjade reblogged this from damndelicious
- mikaelf reblogged this from damndelicious and added:
- untilthen likes this
- chukew likes this
- kristacarey likes this
- darlingotter likes this
- paisleydarts likes this
- samvsfood reblogged this from damndelicious
- informkel likes this
- perfectdefinition likes this
- khakisun reblogged this from damndelicious
- daraades likes this
- someday-loves-gonna-destroy-me likes this
- ninaldina reblogged this from damndelicious
- freedom--awaits likes this
- thepoetryofnospaces likes this
- ouvrir-lesyeux likes this
- hellrkitty likes this
- cattboop likes this
- ayoungblackstud likes this
- bbbbigbadwolf likes this
- cassiadyandra likes this
- thesedarkcorners likes this
- enemyandi likes this
- ohfudgies reblogged this from damndelicious
- fagmo likes this
- anythingcouldhappennnn likes this
- simplefeasts reblogged this from damndelicious
- dineathome likes this
- anitawoyneve likes this
- unclean--libertine likes this
- manduhx likes this
- atinl likes this
- jovichamp reblogged this from damndelicious