An incredibly velvety, meaty queso dip that is completely irresistible – and you can make it in just 15 minutes!
I hope you’re not getting sick of all these game day recipes because I have yet another crowd-pleasing appetizer to share with you all. It’s inspired by the beef enchilada dip I made a couple weeks ago except this one is loaded with even more cheesy, velvety goodness.
With some leftover ground beef, a block of velveeta cheese and some handful pantry ingredients, this dip comes together so quickly in one skillet in just 15 minutes. How easy is that? Just be sure to have an extra bag of tortilla chips ready to go because this dip will be disappearing very quickly among your guests!
An incredibly velvety, meaty queso dip that is completely irresistible - and you can make it in just 15 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces VELVEETA®, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground beef, Emeril's Essence, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and transfer to a plate.
- Add VELVEETA® to the saucepan, stirring until melted. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, green chiles and salsa verde until well combined. Stir in ground beef and cilantro until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
To reheat, place in microwave and stir in 30-second intervals. Add milk as necessary until desired consistency is reached.