Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
Crisp, crunchy cauliflower bites that even the pickiest of eaters will love – perfect as an appetizer or after school snack!
When it comes to snacking, I’ll munch on anything – donuts, chips, almonds, cookies – you name it. And since I work from home and snack for pretty much every minute of every day, I just had to find a way to sneak in some veggie snacking, like these cauliflower bites.
Now I’m all for veggies but I can’t just snack on raw cauliflower. I could, but I’d really rather not. So instead, I did something bad. Like really, really, really bad.
I tossed them in a light Parmesan coating and deep fried them to absolute crisp perfection. And then I dipped them in Ranch. And then I devoured every last one of them. Seriously, even the pickiest of eaters will want to lick the plate clean!
At least I’m getting my daily serving of vegetables with these, right?
Crisp, crunchy cauliflower bites that even the pickiest of eaters will love - perfect as an appetizer or after school snack!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko*
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko, Parmesan and Emeril's Essence; set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge cauliflower in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Add cauliflower to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately.
*Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store.
Adapted from The Cozy Apron