Sesame Chicken Potstickers
Potstickers are unbelievably easy to make. Best of all, they’re freezer-friendly, perfect for those busy weeknights!
Whenever I have a chance, I make huge batches of potstickers. They’re one of my most favorite things to eat, so it’s always super convenient to have a batch of homemade potsticker right in the freezer. And it’s always helpful to have a helping hand. Plus, it’s even more fun when you compare your pretty potsticker folding skills while your helping partner destructs them.
Still, pretty or not, these potstickers have quickly become a favorite of mine. I’ve tried shrimp and pork potstickers – both of which I love – but the chicken has quickly become a favorite. These chicken potstickers are also more budget friendly, which become super helpful when you double/triple the recipe for freezing.
Best of all, you can completely customize these fillings by adding or omitting your preferred veggies. Just be sure to make extra to freeze – these will come in super handy when you have those Asian potsticker cravings!
Potstickers are unbelievably easy to make. Best of all, they're freezer-friendly, perfect for those busy weeknights!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 36 won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Soy sauce, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, mushrooms, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, rice vinegar and white pepper.*
- To assemble the dumplings, place wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the center of each wrapper. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal.*
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potstickers in a single layer and cook until golden and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce, if desired.
*The filling in the potstickers does not have to be cooked prior to wrapping.
*To freeze, place uncooked potstickers in a single layer on a baking sheet overnight. Transfer to freezer bags.
Adapted from Life's Ambrosia