Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
The creamiest honey mustard chicken ever! It’s so good, you’ll want to eat the honey mustard itself with a spoon!
Growing up, I was NEVER a fan of mustard.
It was only ketchup and BBQ sauce for me. And it’s not that I wasn’t a fan. I would almost start gagging if it was right beside me. I don’t know what it was but it was not something I would touch with a ten foot pole.
But in the last 5 yrs, something drastically changed in my adult palate.
Now, I just can’t get enough mustard in my diet. Yellow, dijon, grainy, roquefort – you name it. I love it all.
But when it’s a honey mustard combo, well, that’s my culinary heaven right there.
And although I could guzzle down this honey mustard without any issues, I decided to add in some crisp oven-roasted chicken thighs. You know. Just because.
The creamiest honey mustard chicken ever! It's so good, you'll want to eat the honey mustard itself with a spoon!
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the mustard rub, combine olive oil and whole grain mustard in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Using your fingers or a brush, work the mustard rub onto both sides of the chicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey and chicken stock. Add more chicken stock as needed until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Add mustard mixture and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.